- Organization: International Development Research Centre (IDRC)
- Position: Research Award Recipient - Collaborative Adaptation Research Initiative in Africa & Asia
- Duty Station: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Deadline for Application: 7 September 2017
- Experience Requirements: Master’s level, Canadian resident or citizen of developing country
Applicants should clearly outline their qualifications for this position, and explain how this opportunity will advance their career goals.
Who can apply?
To be eligible, you must meet the requirements stated in the IDRC Research Awards 2018 call page.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated interest in one or more of the following: climate change adaptation, international development, and/or science policy;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; and
- Field experience in Africa and/or Asia is an asset.
It is highly desirable that the candidate is enrolled in (or has recently completed) a master’s or doctoral program in one of the following disciplines:
- Environmental studies/sciences
- Development studies and/or science policy
- Public policy and/or program evaluation
- Climate finance, water resource management, and/or geography
Priority will be given to proposals outlining focused and feasible objectives and clearly defined methodology. The proposal should demonstrate the relevance of the proposed research to local, national, and/or regional policy debates in at least one of the following regions: South Asia or Western, Southern, or Eastern Africa.
- Applicants must be fluent in either English or French;
- Proficiency in a second official language (English or French) is an asset.
Further information please go to this link.