Organization: Abt Associates Inc./ USAID Clean Power Asia
Position: Renewable Energy Investment Advisor
Duty Station: Bangkok (Krung Thep), Thailand
Deadline for Application: until suitable applicant is found
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in finance/ economics / business admistration or a relevant discipline is required
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in project finance / structured finance in one or more of the Lower Mekong countries in which USAID Clean Power Asia is focused (Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Lao PDR) and/or in ASEAN;
- Experience in originating and shaping bankable projects and financial instruments in the sector in ASEAN which have resulted in economic, environmental/climate and social impacts;
- Exceptional conceptual, problem-solving and strategic thinking skills on how public and private investments flows into renewable energy sector, related value chains and market channeling with an aim to effectively mobilize investment.
- Ability to communicate complex investment related issues in a clear and simple way to a diverse audience;
- Demonstrated capacity in facilitating in-depth and effective dialogues both internally to support the team as well as externally consultations.
- Outstanding interpersonal, engagement and consensus-building skills, ability to foster strong relationships with key agencies, as well as the banking and private sector and understand their needs;
- Creative, entrepreneurial and a proactive attitude, able to manage multiple activities in multidisciplinary teams, while meeting tight deadlines;
- Progressive experience working on donor-funded – preferably USAID-funded — energy and/or economic growth projects in the ASEAN region;
- Proven ability to manage logistical aspects of donor-funded project activities with multiple actors including energy ministries, regulators, universities, domestic banks, equity firms, and utility and planning agencies across the ASEAN region;
- Applicants must bring native-level proficiency in one or more of the ASEAN languages;
- Strong skills in oral and written English are essential.
Interested applicant should contact, Kiattisak Kraiket (Kiattisak_Kraiket@abtassoc.com)