SEARCA PHOTO CONTEST 2017 intends to curate images bustling with innovators, change-makers, participative, active, and dedicated peoples of Southeast Asia, framed against the backdrop of better life in agriculture that they continue to pursue, whether in rural or in urban settings. The 11th photo contest will showcase the faces behind the progress of the sector, alongside the gains that define this status.
Thus, photo entries that may be submitted should show any of the following:
- Technicians, scientists, farmers, youth, and/or women teaching or sharing to each other some innovations/practices that improve production, processing, packaging, or marketing of agricultural products
- New/young generation of farmers (producers/entrepreneurs) utilizing digital technology, machinery field experimentations, and similar modernized techniques in production/processing/marketing of agricultural products
- Farmers, fisherfolks, and farm families are not excluded from progress as shown in their accessibility to food in the farm/marketplace/table at home
- Availability of land, farm inputs, and other resources for farmers to become productive in their small farms and/or have a bountiful harvest
- Endemic/unique practices or new technology/innovations in agriculture in rural or urban settings, such as but not limited to agroforestry, urban agriculture, and climate smart agriculture
- Photos of resiliency and readiness of farmers/farm families to impacts of climate change
- Photos that can elicit triumph and joy from viewers such as farmers harvesting, people teeming in the marketplace, unique festivals/ceremonies centered on the produce of the land and sea
- The photo contest is open to all Southeast Asian nationals, except SEARCA employees and their immediate family members.
- The photo contest centers on the theme Agriculture for all, by all: Moving forward on agricultural and rural development in Southeast Asia.
- All entries must be submitted via the SEARCA Photo Contest website during the contest period (1 September to 30 November 2017). Each contestant can submit unlimited number of entries, as long as these meet this contest's photo entry specifications.
- To minimize cases of plagiarism, contestants will be asked during the submission process to certify:
- That they own the photograph, and that they grant SEARCA full permission to use it in knowledge packaging, sharing, and advocacy related to SEARCA's mandate; On the other hand, SEARCA shall ensure that the photographer will be properly credited for photos used especially in mass-produced print publications;
- That the photograph is original, has not won any previous photo contest, has not been published elsewhere (print or electronic), and has not been submitted as entry to any other photo contest during the SEARCA Photo Contest 2017 period; The same or similar photos submitted to past SEARCA photo contests, whether winning photos or not, cannot be submitted again;
- That the photo has not been digitally altered and/or enhanced in any way other than simple cropping, and does not have watermark or any other mark in the photo itself.
- Entries must be digital, colored, in JPEG format, and at 300 dpi. A file size of not more than 8 MB is recommended.
- Each entry should include the following details in English: name of photographer, country, brief statement/description of the photo, where the photo was taken (include town/municipality, province/state, and country), when it was taken (complete date), and the equipment used in taking it.
Deadline of submission is on 30 November 2017
More information: http://photocontest.searca.org