Tetra Tech IDS (https://tetratechintdev.com), headquartered in Burlington, Vermont, is accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates to join our team as a Sector Director in Agriculture and Economic Growth.
The Sector Director for Agriculture and Economic Growth provides the leadership to position Tetra Tech IDS to win new business and execute projects in the Agriculture and Economic Growth sector at a high level of technical excellence. The Sector Director embodies and understands the vision, leadership, decision making, technical competence, effective budget development and management, and personal commitment for accountability that are required for success in our business environment. The Sector Director will operate with a minimal amount of direct supervision, exercise good judgment, and demonstrate initiative and he/she will support and interact with Senior Management and other units of the company in a regular manner.
The Sector Director reports to the Vice President of Operations and will be based in Burlington, VT.
- Provide leadership, vision and management for Tetra Tech ARD’s new business development activities in the Agriculture and Economic Growth sector, including enhancing and expanding our core services, diversifying the client base, and cross-selling Tetra Tech services;
- Grow sector contract backlog and maximize sector revenue contribution to the Annual Operation Plan (AOP);
- Develop and maintain leadership, technical vision, and strategy development in the AEG sector;
- Represent the AEG sector to clients, other business units in Tetra Tech, and internally;
- Manage and supervise AEG sector associates;
- Maintain outstanding reputation with our clients and partners;
- Work collaboratively with other Tetra Tech units to grow Tetra Tech’s IDS business and
- Promote technical thought leadership activities within the AEG sector.
Essential Qualifications and Competencies:
Graduate degree in agriculture, business, or other related field of international development required;
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of professional experience, including at least three (3) years of work experience overseas (residential or intermittent) with strong client, supervisor, subordinate, and peer recommendations;
- Demonstrated track record of technical excellence and ability to grow a portfolio of new AEG business;
- Strong knowledge and experience in the areas of responsibility with proven successful leadership skills;
- Strong experience managing people and teams in a matrix organization, with track record showing ability to effectively delegate, communicate with, and motivate staff;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work well under pressure and perform numerous tasks simultaneously;
- Demonstrated superior intercultural skills in interactions with customers and partners in the development arena;
- Established track record of writing, winning, and managing USAID and USG procurements;
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of USAID FORWARD and Feed the Future strategies to USAID project design and implementation;
- Strong network of contacts relevant to agriculture and economic growth within the international development community;
- Exceptional intercultural communication skills;
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, cross cultural teams - in the Home Office and the field;
- Energetic and enthusiastic team player, strongly motivated and collaborative;
- Functional competence in at least one major foreign language preferred (including Spanish, French, and/or Arabic);
- Ability to conduct periodic short-term international field work; and
- Availability for 10-30% international travel to developing, transitioning, and post-conflict countries;
- High level MS Office suite proficiency and familiarity with databases; and
- U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
Apply on line at : https://bit.ly/2J8BiIQ
- A letter of application explaining individual qualifications and competencies for this opportunity;
- A current resume / CV in reverse chronological format;
- A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference;
- A writing sample of sole authorship, maximum of 10 pages in length.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.